TMB: The Tour of Mont Blanc
Walking the Famous Route around the Mont Blanc
Clotilde and I were looking to take some holidays.
Because of the pandemic, almost everyone was working from home and not going much on holiday. Then the summer kicked in and July and August saw a wave of European tourists travel all around Europe. Number of cases started going up. Great.
We already had holidays in mind but we wanted to stay away from public transport and touristic places. Walking around would probably be best, we agreed. I opened my trekking book and proposed a couple options: the Dolomites, Chamonix-Zermatt, or maybe the Tour of Mont Blanc (TMB).
Usually the TMB is crowded. Super crowded. People come from all over the world to walk it. Or ultra-run it. I started to check if bookings were possible. They were.
It was settled.
Below, I'll explain how we planned the trek, what we packed, and finally how it all panned out. Hope you'll like it!
Navigate the TMB series
- Day 1: Les Houches to Les Contamines
- Day 2: Les Contamines to Les Chapieux
- Day 3: Les Chapieux to Rifugio Elisabetta (Italy)
- Day 4: Rifugio Elisabetta to Courmayeur
- Day 5: Food Poisoning Recovery Day
- Day 6: Arp Nouvaz to La Fouly
- Day 7: La Fouly to Champex
- Day 8: Champex to Trient
- Day 9: Trient to Tré-le-Champ
- Day 10: Tré-Le-Champ to La Flégère